CSIR-National Physical Laboratory
सीएसआईआर-राष्ट्रीय भौतिक प्रयोगशाला
Human Resource Development Group
The HRD group represents a central group of the laboratory and is involved in a wide range of HRD related activities in various areas of core competence of the lab and also related to research scholars/students.
Activities of the HRD Group:
The basic objective behind these activities is to make the scientific, technical & administrative human resource better informed, knowledgeable and highly skilled & trained so that it can prove to be more competitive, productive and useful to the society and the country.
Organization of Industrial Training Programmes is an important activity of the HRD Group of CSIR-NPL. The courses generally refer to various physical parameters in the area of Metrology / Standards, as well as on other specialized topics. These programmes are primarily meant for the personnel belonging to various industries, Testing & Calibration laboratories and other S&T organizations. However, the NPL staff members are also encouraged to attend these courses, wherever found fit. The training programmes consist of theory lectures on various scientific & technical aspects of the training course, followed by practical demonstration and hands-on training on the related instruments / apparatus / machines.
The participants are generally B.E./B.Tech. or M.Sc. as well as Science Graduates or Engineering Diploma Holders.
The training courses / programmes are highly informative and illuminating, capable of making the participants more competent, productive and useful to their organizations.
For details, kindly see the NPL Training Calendar.
One of the most prominent activities of the HRD Group is to provide help and support to Research Fellows (JRFs / SRFs), starting from the time they join NPL till the time they leave CSIR-NPL. This includes their joining and placement in a suitable Division / Group and helping them in getting hostel accommodation, if required. This also includes their Ph.D. registration, assessment for continuance/upgradation, deputation to attend conferences in India & abroad, etc. Sometimes, the help to the Research Fellows starts even before they join CSIR-NPL. This refers to the cases wherein they are invited and inspired to join CSIR-NPL for their Ph.D. programme by sending them individual invitation letters and also through advertisement in newspapers
All activities related to AcSIR Ph.D.: Joining formalities, Classes (theory/ tutorial), Examinations, Comprehensive exams, Pre-Ph.D. presentation, and Evaluation etc, are handled by the HRD Group in consultation with the Coordinator-AcSIR- NPL.
We provide Training (6 months & above) to students pursuing M.Sc./M.Tech. & their equivalent degree programmes, from different educational institutions spread all across the country, in the areas of research activities being carried out at CSIR-NPL. The basic objective is to provide the students a feel and importance of the various activities, as well as to motivate them towards scientific research as the career.
Guidelines for Student Trainees:
Guidelines & Proforma of Application for pursuing Master’s Project at CSIR-NPL
- Only those students may apply who are pursuing post-graduation in Science/ Engineering/related areas and for whom such training is mandatory as an academic degree requirement. NPL will accept only those students who have project duration of ~ 6 months or more.
- Admission will be done twice a year (January and July sessions). For January session, last date for applying will be 31st October and for July session, it will be 30th April. The scanned copy of the attached Proforma duly signed by the HoD should be mailed to email@example.com.
- Students with minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA from 12th standards onwards will be accepted for training.
- A one-time nominal amount of Rs. 7,000/- will be charged by NPL as ‘Token Money’ from Student Trainees (6 months duration).
- Student trainees will not be entitled to any hostel accommodation and they will have to make their own arrangement for their stay during the period of training at NPL.
- The final selection of students for pursuing Project Training will be made by NPL and number of students selected may vary from time to time, depending on the laboratory’s requirement.
CSIR-NPL encourages and supports its staff members, including JRFs, SRFs, PAs, RIs, RAs, SRAs, etc., to attend & present papers at national / international conferences / symposia / seminars / workshops, organized by different agencies in areas relevant to research activities being carried out at CSIR-NPL. This is primarily meant to enable the staff members to put forward their views and research results before the leading national / international experts and interact with them on the latest developments in their research areas.
Dissemination of HRD-related information to the CSIR-NPL staff members is another important task performed by the HRD Group. The information generally refers to conferences /symposia/ workshops, or DST, HRDC (Ghaziabad) or other such organisations, or awards instituted by various agencies. Various HRD related papers are being displayed at prominent places of the laboratory and also sent to relevant persons through e-mail/intranet.