सीएसआईआर-राष्ट्रीय भौतिक प्रयोगशाला
CSIR-National Physical Laboratory
Centre for Calibration & Testing (CFCT)
CSIR-National Physical Laboratory (CSIR-NPL), New Delhi is the National Metrology Institute (NMI) of India, member of the “Metre Convention” and of the Asia-Pacific Metrology Programme (APMP). India is also a signatory of International Bureau of Weights & Measures (BIPM) and Mutual Recognition Arrangement (CIPM-MRA). CSIR-NPL has responsibility for maintaining the National Standards of Measurements, traceability of measurement through Bilateral/International key comparisons and the Quality System as per ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and ISO 17034:2016. Centre for Calibration & Testing (CFCT) Section has been established at CSIR-NPL, New Delhi to promote Calibration & Testing Services of the laboratory. It acts as an interface between all the calibrating & testing groups of CSIR-NPL with nearly 4200 customers from industries, various laboratories and government organizations from all over the country and abroad. We understand the requirements of the customer and thus stand for the customer satisfaction to the best of our endeavour. We have provided most of the information online required by our esteemed customers. Calibration & Testing Charges, Calibration & Testing Request (CTBR) Form, Important Information, Site Calibration and FAQ will answer most of the queries for calibration and testing jobs in CSIR-NPL.As a step towards for providing better services, you can provide us your Online Feedback, which will help us to improve the services further.
- Get quote for calibration/testing charges by specifying complete details of requirements e.g. Name of equipment, Parameters, Range, Accuracy etc. by sending query through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or By Post or from nplindia.org website under Calibration and Testing heading.
- Obtain Demand Draft (DD) of exact amount for the charges. DD should be drawn in favour of “Director, National Physical Laboratory” and payable at “New Delhi“.
- Send DD, dully filled CTR form, Authorization letter on Company/Institute Letter head & copy of quotation obtained from NPL, else mention the complete details from where you got the calibration/Test charges along with/without item for calibration to The Head CFCT, CSIR-National Physical Laboratory, Dr. K.S. Krishnan Marg, New Delhi-110012 for Calibration/Testing job under Normal/Express/Time Slot/Site Calibration Booking by the Organization employee / Representative for submission or by Post.
- CFCT will book a slot for your calibration/testing job and intimate the date on which you have to submit your equipment and Expected Date of Completion (EDC) of your job. You will be allotted a unique case number in this process. Please mention your Case number whenever you communicate with CFCT after this process.
- Submit your equipment at NPL on the date you are required to do so.
- After EDC of job, contact CFCT through email, telephone or by post to confirm the completion of your job.
- As you get intimation of the completion of your job, collect your equipment and calibration/testing certificates from NPL.
- The person coming for collection of certificates and equipment should have his/her identity proof (Preferably issued by the company) and authority letter from the company.
Instrument will not be delivered without these documents.
- Remember that CSIR-NPL does not dispatch calibrated equipment. Only calibration certificates/Test Report can be dispatched by Speed Post on request.
- Please strictly comply with public dealing time between 10:00 AM to 04:00 PM on all working days of NPL.
- Small items can be accepted by courier, if full payment towards calibration/testing charges has been made in advance. Also mention the unique case no for these items. Kindly ensure that items should not reach too early or late than the submission date.
How to know the Calibration/Test Charges:
- Go to website nplindia.org then click the “Calibration & Testing” on left column
- Next > go to “Calibration & Testing Charges“
- Next > click relevant “calibration or test area” from the main page.
- Next > choose from the list your parameters of interest and note down the charges.
- You have to see charges for “E1 Class weight Box”
then visit: nplindia.org click from left column “Calibration & Testing on left column
- Next > go to 7th link on left column “Calibration & Testing Charges”
- Next > click relevant “Ne
- Next “Select the parameter of your interest and requirement” for Knowing the charges of “E1 weight box” select the “Mass Standard Area” and click on this link as shown in picture.
- Now you will see the Charges as per your interest:
OR write to email@example.com with complete details call at 011-45608610 (Dr. R.G Mathur), 011-45608441(Dr. Srinivasa. Rao). You can also get proper Quotation or Proforma invoice from these persons.
Postal queries should be addressed to “Center for calibration and Testing, Kind Attention —- (Name of the concerned person), National Physical Laboratory, Dr. K.S. Krishnan Marg, New Delhi-110012 “
- Please tender exact amount for your calibration/testing job.
- Only small items can be accepted by courier. Please do mention unique case no on the courier.
- Only those items should be sent by courier for which slot has been booked.
CFCT Notice Board:
Working hours: 09:30 AM to 04:00 PM from Monday to Friday except GOI gazetted holidays.
- CSIR-National Physical Laboratory (NPL), New Delhi is the National Metrology Institute (NMI) of India. It has the responsibility to maintain the National Standards of Measurements as per Government of India Gazette No.589 “The Standards of Weights and Measures Rules, (1988)” [GSR 1076(E) dated 16.11.1988] in exercise of the powers conferred by section 83 of the Standards of Weights and Measures Act 1976.
- India is a member of the “Metre Convention” and of the Asia-Pacific Metrology Programme (APMP). India is also a signatory of International Bureau of Weights & Measures (BIPM) and Mutual Recognition Arrangement (CIPM-MRA).
- NPL maintains traceability of measurement through Bilateral/International key comparisons.
- NPL is maintaining the Quality System as per as per ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and ISO 17034:2016.