सीएसआईआर-राष्ट्रीय भौतिक प्रयोगशाला
CSIR-National Physical Laboratory
Apart from its core mandate, i.e., dissemination of apex measurement traceability of various parameters on regular basis, Physico-Mechanical Metrology Division is also proactively engaged in performing metrology grade research in the frontier areas of metrology to upgrade the standards.
In order to support Indian Manufacturing Industries/Organization more than 1800 reports have been issued from the Division in the year 2020-21, providing apex measurement traceability to variousStrategic and Industrial Sectors, Major Private and Public Sectors Manufacturing Industries, Private and Government Research Organizations, NABL accredited and other Test and calibration laboratories etc.
Research outcomes in the form of high quality research articles are being published regularly in National and International peer reviewed journals on metrological R&D related to Physico-Mechanical parameters and on their applications.
The Division also provides need based consultancy/technical services to support Indian Industries and Institutionsin solving their challenging problems related to metrology and fulfilling their other metrological needs.
The Division also contributes significantly in conducting one-year Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) course on Precision Measurement and Quality Control (PMQC) imparting class room lectures along with hands-on laboratory experience to students for creating bank of trained man-power for Manufacturing Industries, Testing and Calibration laboratories, MSMEs, Entrepreneurs etc. under the CSIR skill development initiative program.
Programs are regularly conducted on specific parameter/disciplinestoprovide training toprofessionals from various Industries, NABL accredited labs, SAARC NMIs etc.
Lectures and various Lab based internships are also provided to B.Tech, M.Tech Trainees of other Institutions/Universities and PhD students.
(i) Ms. Kritika Anand has successfully obtained PhD degree, Thesis title: “Synthesis and characterization of Mn-based rare earth free permanent magnet materials”
(ii) Ms. Nithya Christopher has successfully obtained PhD degree, Thesis title: “Synthesis, characterization and property evaluation of rare earth free permanent magnet materials”
(iii) Mr. Rajeev Dwivedi, has successfully obtained PhD degree, Thesis title: “Study of Refractive Axicon Generated Beam Patterns for their Potential Applications”
(iv) Mr. Ravi kant has successfully obtained PhD degree, Thesis Title: “Ferroelectric Tunnel junction For Multistate Memory element”
(v) Mr. Vikas Narayan Thakur has successfully obtained PhD degree, Thesis title: “Design Development and Analysis of pressure standards and sensors”
(vi) Mr. Sahil Sharma has successfully obtained PhD degree, Thesis title: “Design, Development and Analysis of Instrumentation for Ultrasonic Characterization of Liquids”
(vii) Mr. Jasveer Singh has successfully obtained PhD degree, Thesis title: “Investigation of effective area and distortion coefficient of pneumatic piston gauges using cross-float and simulation techniques”
(viii) Mr. Arif Sanjid has successfully obtained PhD degree, Thesis title: “Computer simulated geometric from measurements on piston-cylinder assemblies of pressure standards”
(ix) Mr. Rahul Kumar, Thesis title: “Design, development and analysis of wireless pressure monitoring system”
(x) Umesh Pant has successfully obtained his Ph.D. degree entitled “Development and Realization of metal-carbon eutectic fixed points for high-temperature thermometry”
(1) Kritika Anand, Nithya Christopher and Nidhi Singh. “Influence of wheel speed and ageing on nanostructure and magnetic properties of Cr-doped MnBi magnetic material.” Applied Physics A, 126, 339, (2020). (April 2020); Impact factor: 1.810
(2) Nithya Christopher, Kritika Anand and Nidhi Singh. “Influence of cooling rate on the hard magnetic properties of Hf-Co-Fe-B melt-spun alloy.” Applied Physics A 126, no. 8 (2020): 1-8. (18 July 2020); Impact factor: 1.810
(3) Nithya Christopher, Kritika Anand and Nidhi Singh. “Enhancement of hard magnetic properties in rapidly quenched Zr-Co-Fe-B ribbons through vacuum annealing.” Journal of Solid State Communications 323: 114118 (2021). (20 Oct 2020); Impact factor: 1.521
(4) Nithya Christopher, Kritika Anand, A. K. Srivastava and Nidhi Singh. “Non-isothermal crystallization kinetics and hard magnetic properties of Hf1.5Zr0.5Co10FeB melt-spun ribbons.” Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry (2021) DOI: 10.1007/s10973-021-10553-4. (15 Feb 2021); Impact factor: 2.731
(5) Ehtesham, T. John, S. Yadav, H. K. Singh, G. Mandal, and N. Singh. Journey of Kilogram from Physical Constant to Universal Physical Constant (h) via Artefact: A Brief Review, MAPAN-Journal of Metrology Society of India; Impact factor: 1.32
(6) Tribological Characterization of Ecodesigned Aluminium Hybrid Metal Matrix Composites, GirijaMoona, R. S. Walia, Vikas Rastogi and Rina Sharma, Indian Journal of Materials and Engineering Science, 27(1), 47-57, 2020
(7) Single crystal growth of l-tartaric acid and its characterization for optical applications Naghma Khan, N Vijayan, Kopal Shandilya, Ravinder Kumar, Anuj Krishna, Samridhi Chopra, Sudha Yadav, GirijaMoona, Mukesh Jewariya Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics 31 (6), 4494-4502, 2020
(8) KEY COMPARISON Calibration of 1-D CMM artefacts: step gauges (EURAMET.L-K5.2016), Tim Coveney,….. Rina Sharma, GirijaMoona, Vinod Kumar……….., Metrologia, Volume 57, Number 1A, 2020
(9) Machinability Characterization of ecodesigned Hybrid Aluminium Composites, GirijaMoona, R. S. Walia, Vikas Rastogi and Rina Sharma, Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, Vol. 59, pp. 252-257, 2020
(10) Sulphamic acid: potential single crystal for nonlinear optical applications Ravinder Kumar, N Vijayan, Naghma Khan, ManjuKumari, MukeshJewariya, Ritu Srivastava Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics 31 (17), 14271-14278, 2020
(11) Investigation of cerium oxide thin film thickness using THz spectroscopy for non-destructive measurement,SubhashNimanpure, Guruvandra Singh, Sudha Yadav, Preetam Singh, GirijaMoona, MukeshJewariya, Rina Sharma Journal of Optics, 1-5, 2020
(12) Synthesis growth and studies on optical, thermal and terahertz analyses of bulk size sodium acid phthalate single crystal: a metal–organic material for nonlinear optical applications ManjuKumari, N Vijayan, DebabrataNayak, MahakVij, PargamVashishtha, SubhashNimanpure, Govind Gupta, MukeshJewariya, RP Pant Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 1-9, 2020
(13) Growth and Characterization of Single Crystals of l-Histidine Hydrochloride Monohydrate for Nonlinear Optical Applications Sudha Yadav, Manju Kumari, DebabrataNayak, Sabyasachi Banerjee, Naghma Khan, SubhashNimanpure, GirijaMoona, Rina Sharma, Bhupendra K Sharma, Dibakar Roy Chowdhury, N Vijayan, MukeshJewariya Journal of Electronic Materials 49 (12), 7502-7508, 2020
(14) Progress Towards the Establishment of Various Redefinitions of SI Unit “Metre” at CSIR-National Physical Laboratory-India and its Realization Rina Sharma, GirijaMoona, MukeshJewariya MAPAN, 1-9, 2020
(15) Implementation of Monte Carlo Simulation in Evaluation of Uncertainty of Measurement of a Force Transducer, HarshvardhanChoudhary, GirijaMoona, D. Vaithiyanathan, and Harish Kumar, Indian Journal of Pure & Applied Physics, Vol. 59, pp. 271-276, 2021
(16) Final report on supplementary comparison on step heights standards (APMP.L-S7), Rina Sharma, GirijaMoona, AnusornTonmueanwai, JariyaBuajarern, Wang Shihua, Michael Matus, Takuma Doi and Kentaro Sugawara, Metrologia, Volume 58, Number 1A, 2021
(17) Investigation of cerium oxide thin film thickness using THz spectroscopy for non-destructive measurement, SubhashNimanpure, Guruvandra Singh, Sudha Yadav, Preetam Singh, GirijaMoona, MukeshJewariya, Rina Sharma, Journal of Optics 50 (1), 90-94 (2021)
(18) Estimation of Error in Distance, Length, and Angular Measurements Using CCD Pixel Counting Technique, Rajeev Dwivedi, Swati Gangwar, ShibuSaha, VK Jaiswal, RanjanaMehrotra, MukeshJewariya, Girija Monna, Rina Sharma, Parag Sharma, MAPAN, 1-6 (2021)
(19) Dynamic Optical Study of Flexible Multiwall Carbon Nanotube Paper Using Terahertz Spectroscopy SubhashNimanpure, Animesh Pandey, Guruvandra Singh, Satish Teotia, Sabyasachi Banerjee, SudhirHusale, BhanuPratap Singh, DibakarRoychowdhury, Manoj Kumar, Rina Sharma, MukeshJewariya, Journal of Electronic Materials, 1-7 (2021)
(20) Uncertainty Evaluation for Frequency Calibration of Helium–Neon Laser Head Using Monte Carlo Simulation GirijaMoona, M Jewariya, P Arora, R Sharma, MAPAN, 1-6 (2021)
(21) Elemental, Optical, and Time-Domain Terahertz Spectroscopy Studies on Methyl p-Hydroxybenzoate Single Crystal for THz Applications DebabrataNayak, N Vijayan, ManjuKumari, PargamVashishtha, Sudha Yadav, MukeshJewariya, Dibakar Roy Chowdhury, Govind Gupta, RP Pant, Journal of Electronic Materials, 1-7 (2021)
(22) Investigation of dynamic optical study of Bi2Te3 topological insulators thin film based on MWCNT flexible paper using terahertz spectroscopy SubhashNimanpure, Animesh Pandey, Guruvandra Singh, BhanuPratap Singh, Dibakar Roy Chowdhury, Young UkJeong, Rina Sharma, SudhirHusale, MukeshJewariyaOptical Materials 121, 111490 (2021)
(23) “Theoretical Simulation for Evaluating Error in Irradiance Measurement using Optical Detectors having Different Cosine Responses”, Vijeta, R. K. Kapri, S. Saha, V. K. Jaiswal, P. Sharma, Published online in MAPAN- Journal of Metrological Society of India, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12647-021-00486-6 (2021)
(24) “Estimation of Error in Distance, Length, and Angular Measurements Using CCD Pixel Counting Technique”, R. Dwivedi, S. Gangwar, S. Saha, V. K. Jaiswal, R. Mehrotra, M. Jewariya, G. Mona, R. Sharma and P. Sharma, MAPAN- Journal of Metrological Society of India, 36, 313 (2021)
(25) “Morphology-Directed Nanoscopic Energy Transfers in Plasmonic-Organic Hybrids”, K. Gambhir, P. Sharma, R. Mehrotra, Journal of Applied Spectroscopy, 88(1), 203 (2021)
(26) “Tunable phase of elliptical axicon for controlled spectral switching”, R. Dwivedi, P. Sharma, V. K. Jaiswal, R. Mehrotra, Optik, 237, 166734 (2021)
(27) “Development of LabVIEW Program Using SR400 Gated Photon Counter for Continuous Data Acquisition and Analysis”, R. K. Kapri, R. Dwivedi, P. K. Dubey, P. Sharma, MAPAN- Journal of Metrological Society of India, 36, 1 (2021)
(28) “Evolution of SI Base Unit Candela: Quantifying the Light Perception of Human Eye”, S. Saha, V. K. Jaiswal, P. Sharma and D. K. Aswal, MAPAN- Journal of Metrological Society of India, 35, 563 (2020)
(29) “Nucleic Acid Binding Mechanism of Flavone Derivative, riviciclib: Structural Analysis to Unveil Anticancer Potential”, B. Ray, R. Mehrotra, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology, 1;211:111990 (2020)
(30) Flexible and wearable capacitive pressure sensor for blood pressure monitoring, Bijender, Ashok Kumar, Sensing and Bio-Sensing Research, 33, 100434 (2021)
(31) Polarization controlled resistive switching in bulk ferroelectric ceramics: a universal phenomenon, Charanjeet, Vikas N Thakur, Ashok Kumar, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 887, 161345 (2021)
(32) Flexible microhyperboloids facets giant sensitive ultra-low pressure sensor, S Kumar, Bijender, S Yadav, A Kumar, Sensors and Actuators: A. Physical 328, 112767 (2021)
(33) Unravelling the Nature of Magneto-electric Coupling in Room Temperature Multiferroic Particula