Calibration of permanent Magnet
This activity is responsible for maintaining and upgrading National Standard related to magnetic parameter like Magnetic flux Density, Magnetic flux, turn area of search coil, power loss measurement of electrical steel, through continuous development and providing calibration/test facilities of such parameters to industries and institutions as per ISO/IEC: 17025 guidelines which are traceable internationally. We are also trying continuously our best possible efforts to improve further uncertainty of measurement so that we can provide best calibration/test results with minimum error. Our group provides solution to industrial problems also industrial consultancy.
The second major activity of our group is actively involved in world class research on Nano magnetic materials, multiferroic materials, Spintronic, Spin Hall Effect, Dilute Magnetic Semiconductors, SFMO-CMR materials and development of humidity sensor.
Dr. R. K Kotnala
Chief Scientist & Head,
Multiferroic & Magnetics
Room: 119, Main Building CSIR-NPL, Dr. K. S. Krishnan Road
New Delhi -110012
Ph: +91 4560 8599
- Strontium Ferro Molybdenum Oxide as CMR Material.
- Spin Hall Effect.
- Magnesium Ferrite as Humidity Sensing Application.
- Lithium Ferrite and Polymer composite as a Microwave Absorptive Material.
- BaTiO3-BiFeO3 Composite & GdFeO3 as Multiferroic Compound.
- Nano ZnO as a DMS Material.
- Nano Zn Ferrite, Co Ferrite, Ni Ferrite by Microemulsion Method.
- Thin Film Preparation by RF sputtering & Pulsed Laser Deposition (PLD) Facility.
|Vibrating Sample Magnetometer (VSM)
||Pulsed Laser Deposition (PLD)
||RF Sputtering Unit
|PE Loop Tracer
||Magneto-Resistance (CCR) Setup
||High Temperature Furnaces
Scientists and Technical Staff:
- Dr. R.K. Kotnala, Chief Scientist
- Mr. Anurag Kr. Katiyar, Technical Assistant